Effective: 25 May 2018
We value the trust that you place in us by sharing your personal data with us. PYRATES smart fabrics takes your privacy seriously and is committed to handling your personal data in a way that is fair and worthy of that trust. PYRATES smart fabrics will take all reasonable steps to protect your information from misuse and keep it secure.
- Who We Are
- Personal Data We Collect
- What We Do With Your Personal Data
- How We Share Your Data
- Cookies, Analytics and Personalization
- Social Media
- If You are Under 16 Years of Age
- International Transfers of Data
- Data Retention
- Your Rights
- Other Websites
- Changes to the Policy
- Data Protection Officer – Contact and Queries
WHO WE ARE
PYRATES smart fabrics, with headquarters in Madrid and sold worldwide, provides the solution to protecting our bodies from the polluted, aggressive external elements that surround us: PYRATEX®, natural smart fabrics, a health-benefiting armour that protects and cares for the wearer’s body. PYRATES, the unisex Athleisure brand creates elegant pieces, made from its PYRATEX® smart fabrics, which PYRATES smart fabrics develops and also supplies to other brands.
PYRATES smart fabrics is responsible for using your personal data, such depending on where you live and which of our products you are purchasing or which of our Services you are using. PYRATES smart fabrics will be referred to hereafter as “PYRATES smart fabrics” or “we”.
PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
The information we collect about you when you buy our products or use our Services may include the following (jointly referred to as: ‘personal data’).
- Your contact details. Your name, postal address and other contact details, such as your telephone number and e-mail address.
- Information regarding your use of our online Services. This may include data regarding the pages you visit, the products and services you like and the content of your abandoned shopping cart.
- Your purchases in our online shop. The data we collect if you purchase a product online, such as the amount and date of your purchase, the product you purchase, location of the website through which you make your purchase, payment method, payment status, discount, delivery method and delivery address.
- Your details regarding contests. The data we collect if you participate in a contest.
- Your reviews. The opinions, experiences, preferences and interests, and product or event reviews that you publish on our websites or share with us online or through social media.
- Your communication data. Your requests, any complaints you may have and any other data that we receive if we communicate with you via e-mail, online or via social media.
WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL DATA
PYRATES smart fabrics collects and uses your personal data for the purposes set out below. Please be informed that insofar PYRATES smart fabrics already holds information about you, PYRATES smart fabrics may use that information for the same purposes.
For the performance of our agreement with you:
In order to manage and handle your purchases (online) and to provide you with the Services you requested from us, including handling your requests, we use your contact details, your account and electronic identification data, information regarding your purchases in our online store, your Contest data and your communication data.
To comply with a legal obligation to which PYRATES smart fabrics is subject:
Any information referred to above in the section ‘Personal Data We Collect’ may be used to maintain appropriate business records, to comply with lawful requests by public authorities and to comply with applicable laws and regulations or as otherwise required by law.
For our legitimate commercial interests:
We will use your contact details to send you newsletters or general marketing materials as well as surveys about Products and Services you have purchased. At any time, you may opt out of receiving such marketing materials by following the instructions in any communication you receive from us. You can also control these preferences in your profile settings and device. We will use the personal data referred to above in the section ‘Personal Data We Collect’ in order to improve our products and Services as well as to understand our customers both on an aggregated and on an individual basis. In order to do so, we may combine the data we have obtained about you from the different PYRATES smart fabrics entities that have collected your personal data (if applicable). This also means that we analyse your use of our products and Services and we use this information to improve our products and Services and to give you a better user experience (e.g., we analyse what web pages you visit, which products and Services you use and like, how you use these products and Services, which enables us to create personal profiles and to assess what may be interesting to you, which recommendations we can give you when you purchase our products or use our Services (such based for example on your previous purchases and use of our Services)). Creating such personal profiles of our customers, also enables us to send you marketing materials that directly relate to your use of our products and Services, if you have chosen to receive such materials.
The personal data referred to above in the section ‘Personal Data We Collect’ may also be used by PYRATES smart fabrics:
- to generate aggregated statistics about the users of our products and Services;
- to assist in security and fraud prevention;
- for system integrity purposes (preventing hacking, cheats, spamming, etc.);
- to remind you per email of your abandoned cart or send you an order confirmation;
- to facilitate our business operations, to operate company policies and procedures;
- to enable us to merge, sell, acquire, or transfer assets; and
- for other legitimate business purposes permitted by applicable law.
Use of information based on your consent:
We may use your personal data referred to above in the section ‘Personal data we collect’ for marketing purposes based on your profiles via email, SMS, other electronic means or otherwise, but we will only do so after we have received your consent to do so.
We also use your personal data referred to above in the section ‘Personal data we collect’ based on your consent, if you subscribe to receiving our newsletters or participating to our surveys.
You can withdraw your consent at any time; see the section Your Rights below.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR DATA
We may share your personal data with the following parties:
- Data controllers within PYRATES smart fabrics.
- Service Providers and Processor. We engage third party vendors, agents, service providers, and affiliated entities to provide services to us on our behalf, such as support for the internal operations of our websites, online stores (including payment processors and third parties we use of sending your orders to your home address), Services (e.g., technical support processing), as well as related offline product support services, data storage and other services.
In providing their services, they can access, receive, maintain or otherwise process personal data on our behalf. Our contracts with these service providers do not permit use of your information for their own (marketing) purposes. Consistent with applicable legal requirements, we take commercially reasonable steps to require third parties to adequately safeguard your personal data and only process it in accordance with our instructions.
- Partners. Sometimes PYRATES smart fabrics offers you a service or application in cooperation with partners. We may also disclose your personal data to those partners, but only where you have consented or requested that we do so. If you win a contest or sweepstake, we may disclose the names of winners online. We may also share your information with third party partners and co-sponsors, where relevant; in such cases, we will clearly notify you of the sharing, and you will have the choice not to participate or to otherwise object to such sharing.
- Corporate Transaction. In addition, information about our customers, including personal data, may be disclosed as part of any merger, sale, transfer of PYRATES smart fabrics’ assets, acquisition, bankruptcy, or similar event.
- With Consent. We may also disclose information about you, including personal data to any other third parties, where you have consented or requested that we do so.
COOKIES, ANALYTICS AND PERSONALIZATION
When you participate in various social media forums like Facebook, Twitter, Yammer, Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc., you should be familiar with and understand the tools provided by those sites that allow you to make choices about how you share the personal data in your social media profile(s).
Also, depending on the choices you have made regarding your settings on various social media sites (and/or in combination with your settings on the PYRATES smart fabrics pages), certain personal data may be shared with PYRATES smart fabrics about your online activities and social media profiles (e.g. interests, marital status, gender, user name, photo, comments and content you have posted/shared etc.).
IF YOU ARE UNDER 16 YEARS OF AGE
Our online Services are not directed to children under 13 years of age. If you believe we have collected information about a child under the age of 13, please contact us (see ‘Data Protection Officer – Contact and Queries’ below) so that we may take appropriate steps to delete such information.
If you are at least 13 but under 16 years of age, please get the consent of your parent or legal guardian before you give us any personal data about yourself. Your parent or guardian should contact PYRATES smart fabrics, responsible for using your personal data and provide us with their name, e-mail address and any other identifying information that we may request. PYRATES smart fabrics needs this information in order to verify that they have provided the necessary consent. We may follow up by phone or other means in some circumstances. If you are at least 13 but under 16 years of age, do not contact us or provide us with any personal data until after your parent or guardian has sent us an e-mail consenting to your contact and provision of such information.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Please be informed that we transfer and process any personal data you provide to us to countries other than your country of residence. The laws of these countries may not afford the same level of protection to your personal data. PYRATES smart fabrics will therefore seek to ensure that all adequate safeguards are in place and that all applicable laws and regulations are complied with in connection with such transfer.
PYRATES smart fabrics will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data are properly secured using appropriate technical, physical, and organizational measures, so that they are protected against unauthorised or unlawful use, alteration, unauthorised access or disclosure, accidental or wrongful destruction, and loss. Your personal data will be retained for as long as required for the above purposes or in so far as such is necessary for compliance with statutory obligations and for solving any disputes.
PYRATES smart fabrics retains your personal data for as long as required to satisfy the purpose for which they were collected and used (for example, for the time necessary for us to send you the newsletters you subscribed to, to provide you with customer service, answer queries or resolve technical problems, etc.), unless a longer period is necessary for our legal obligations or to defend a legal claim.
You have the following rights concerning your personal data: right of access, right of rectification, right to erasure, right to restrict data processing, right to object against profiling and your right to data portability. If you would like to contact us regarding any of these rights please click here
To the extent that we are relying on our legitimate interests to use your personal data, you also have the right to object to such use (unless we can either demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the use that override your interests, rights and freedoms or where we need to process the data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims).
Without undue delay and not later than within a month, we will respond to your request to invoke your rights consistent with applicable law.
You may revoke your consent for receiving marketing communications at any time, free of charge by following the instructions in any marketing communication. You can also control these preferences in your profile settings. PYRATES smart fabrics will then stop applying the research results to you at an individual level and will stop sending you marketing communications.
In case you may have a question or complaint about how we process your personal data, you can send an email to PYRATES smart fabrics. Alternatively, you may consider lodging a complaint with a supervisory data protection authority.
Our websites and mobile applications contain links to third-party websites; if you follow these links, you will exit our websites and mobile applications. While these third-party websites are selected with care, PYRATES smart fabrics cannot accept liability for the use of your personal data by these organizations. For more information, please consult the privacy statement of the website you are visiting (if such a statement is provided).
CHANGES TO THE POLICY
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER – CONTACT AND QUERIES
Terms and Conditions